Translate

Monday, September 21, 2015

Great Week!

Hey family! :) 


Dad, I got your letter! Thanks for the play-by-play of the BYU games! It's crazy to think that I went to high school with Tanner Magnum! I'm glad he's doing well! GO COUGS! Sounds like everything back home is going good! It's still REALLY hot here! It cooled down for about two days last week(and by cool down I mean in was in the 60s) but it's back up to the 90s this week. 

What a great week! Full of hard work and...drum roll please...RAIN! It rained for the first time since I've been on my mission(which is 5 months(time is moving WAY too fast!))! It only rained for one day, but still! IT RAINED! I don't know if you've seen on the news all the fires that are going on in Northern California, but the rain was much needed. The fires are about an hour and a half drive away from where I am right now, so I'm safe. They had to evacuate the missionaries over in Middletown and Lake County. Middletown doesn't exist anymore...it's crazy how fast a wildfire can move! Pray for the families that have lost their homes and pray that we will receive more rain so we can stop the fires! 

Our investigators are doing great! CAMILO is still crazy but still has a strong testimony of the gospel and he shares it with everyone! While we were teaching him this week he mentioned how he brings up church with everyone he talks to now! Haha he said he has invited all of his co workers to church and he loves it when he finds other Mormons! Haha he's great! He is still struggling with the word of wisdom, but he asked for a priesthood blessing to help him, so he will be receiving that this week! How grateful I am for the priesthood on the earth today! Camilo's kids, Anna Sophia and Antonio are doing good as well! Also, Orlando, Camilo's roommate, is doing great too! Man, if we didn't meet Camilo, we would have no teaching pool right now! Haha we get all of our referrals from Camilo! The Ward has come to love Camilo haha he's very outgoing and loves participating in class and at first the ward members weren't use to it, but now everyone knows Camilo and his family! By the way, I LOVE this Ward! I feel like I know all the members now and I feel close to a lot of the families! I feel right at home in this Ward! Comfortable enough that sister Jordan and I helped the young women in a skit on Saturday night at the ward activity! Haha we put on a skit about a Family Night gone wrong! Sister Jordan and I were two kids in the family that were fighting and causing trouble haha I tried to put into action the things I remembered from our family nights growing up. ;) I pulled a classic Nikki and I raised my hand every minute and either a) forgot my question or b) said something that wasn't relevant to the topic haha the ward got a good laugh out of the skit! Thanks Nikki for helping me get the crowd laughing! ;) Steve is doing good and Amelia! Missions are seriously the best! I've made so many memories and life long friends! 

We had district meeting this week, we went on exchanges, and we had lots of fun! I have never been happier than on my mission! I love this work and I love this gospel! It doesn't get any better than this! I love you all! 


Love always, Sister Thompson 🌻





















No comments:

Post a Comment