Translate

Monday, September 14, 2015

Hello!

Sept 7, 2015
Hi family! 

I hope everything is going well back home! How's the school year going? What's the weather like there now? Still hot? Starting to get cold? Haha I forgot what it's like!!

So this week was great! We dropped off sister majors on Monday...that was rough. I also had to say goodbye to sister Whimpey. Oh man, I do not like saying goodbye. My past companions have become some of my very best friends and it is so hard saying goodbye! But I've gotten emails from both sister majors and sister Whimpey and they are both doing good! But now it is just sister Jordan and I! Sister Jordan is awesome! She is very enthusiastic for the work and she's hilarious! We are very different, but that doesn't matter haha we both have a strong desire to work hard! It's fun being able to train! I still feel like I should be the one being trained, but I think I will always feel that way. 

Tuesday we had transfer devotional and afterwards I had to attend a trainers meeting! The trained me on how to train. After that Sister Jordan and I came back to Petaluma and it's back to work! We had awesome lessons this week with Steve and Camilo and his kids! We set a baptismal date with Camilo!! October 10th! We also started teaching Camilos new roommate Orlando! He's 23 and he just moved here from Southern California! He came to church with Camilo and his kids last week and now he wants to start meeting with us! He is GOLDEN! 

Speaking of Camilo, it was his birthday on Saturday and he told us that he was throwing a party Sunday evening with his family and friends and he invited us. So we went and get this, half the Ward was there! Haha Camilo had announced his party in elders quorum so we get to his house and a ton of members from the Ward are there! Haha it was so cool! We ate Brazilian food and sang and laughed haha it was great!

But this week wasn't too eventful, just doing the usual, missionary work! Haha I absolutely love being a missionary! Sorry this email is kind of short! But I hope everything back home is going well!


Love always, Sister Thompson 🌻





No comments:

Post a Comment