Translate

Monday, June 29, 2015

Miracles on miracles on miracles!

Hello! 

I just love being a missionary! I know I say that a lot, but there really is something uniquely fantastic about being a servant of Jesus Christ 24/7. I have learned so much about myself, this gospel, and my savior in the past two months then ever before. I've come to realize so many weaknesses that I have....I have a lot. It's really hard to realize them, but what better time to work on them then on a mission! I am truly grateful for this opportunity to be on a mission and I am SO happy I made the decision to serve. 

So this week was FULL of miracles. So many miracles. My heart is full of gratitude for my father in heaven and all that He does each day. Both for sister Whimpey and I, and for the people we meet. I have such a strong testimony of gods timing. Literally everything that has happened to me this year has been perfectly timed. And everyday on the mission I can see gods hand in everything. It's the most wonderful thing being able to see that. God is real and He hears our prayers.

We had the all mission conference this week! SO GOOD. It was so fun seeing all the missionaries in the mission! Theres a total of 206 missionaries in this mission! A lot of unfamiliar faces because I'm still so new, but I was surprised on how many missionaries I did know! I feel like I've made life long friends already! But we started out with president and sister alba speaking to us. I love them. They are the greatest. Their examples to me of Christ like love and hard work have truly changed me. I needed them and their examples. Heavenly Father knew that and I'm pretty sure that's why I was able to have a little bit of time with the Albas before the president and sister wright come in. Speaking of that, the wrights come in today! And the Albas leave today :( but back to the mission conference. After they talked to us, we had lunch and while we were eating, each zone performed a skit. Our zone did a song/rap about the high expectations of getting the 20-3-1 everyday. Elder Johnson and I were the rappers. It was great. Haha everyone knows me as the rapping sister missionary now. After lunch, we had a testimony meeting. Missionaries, ex missionaries, and family members bore their testimonies. The spirit was so strong in the room. At the end, sister alba bore her testimony and then president alba. It was amazing. President alba said the closing prayer and left a blessing on us and the mission. There wasn't a dry eye in the room. I have felt so blessed being able to serve so close with president and sister alba and the assistants. I have loved every second of it. Sister Whimpey and I were able to help the Albas pack and move and we also got to have dinner with the Albas yesterday with the assistants, the ward mission leader and elder and sister porter. I am seriously going to miss the Albas so much! 

So I mentioned last week how sister Whimpey and I were struggling to find people to teach and that we were praying to strengthen our faith to find. Well, heavenly father heard and answered our prayers. We were able to pick up two new investigators this past week! A 24 year old black girl named Daisy and a 60 year old man named Todd. Daisy was found by the other sisters and handed off to us and we were able to meet with her this week! She definitely has a desire to learn and has a strong faith in Jesus Christ already! She's awesome and we love her! And Todd was found by way of miracle. We were trying to go and see a potential and Todd walked by us as we walked up to the door. We were both prompted to turn around and talk to hi rather than knock on the door. Turns out, Todd was being taught by the missionaries a year ago and had been to church a couple of times but his family gave him a hard time about it so he stopped meeting with the missionaries. As we talked with him, his heart slowly began to be softened and he asked us if we could start teaching him again. After talking with him, we went on knocked on the door and a different person than we were expecting opened the door. She was super funny and nice and ended up agreeing to let us come back again. When sister Whimpey and I went back to the car, we offered a prayer of gratitude to Heavenly Father. After a week of hard work and constant rejection, we were so thankful for those experiences. Throughout the rest of the week, we saw many more miracles. God placed people in our paths and allowed us to share the gospel with so many people! I have been humbled these past couple of weeks. I have learned to rely on prayer and the spirit and that everything I am or can do, is from God. We truly cannot do this work alone. Whether a missionary or member, we need to seek guidance and strength from our Heavenly Father to help us in our responsibility to share the gospel.
I love this work and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else right now! California Santa Rosa Mission, the greatest mission in the world! I love you all! 

Love always, Sister Thompson :)

Sister Whimpey and Sister Thompson




Sunset in Santa Rosa


Sister Kristina with Pres. and Sis. Alba


No comments:

Post a Comment