Translate

Monday, October 5, 2015

Time is Flying!

Guess who has two thumbs up and LOVED general conference? THIS GIRL.

General conference was AMAZING! So many answers to prayers and so much
spirit! I really liked Hollands talk, Durrants talk, and Nelsons talk!
SO GOOD! We watched it at the church and we had a few investigators
watch! The whole time they were watching I was just thinking "Please
be watching...please be paying attention...please be learning
something...please." Now I know how parents feel when they have their
kids watching. You just love them so much and you want them to feel
the spirit and to learn something from the leaders of our church. Not
going to lie, watching conference made me miss home. I feel like
conference is something you do as a family and it was weird not
watching it surrounded by family, but during the middle of conference,
I looked around me. I was surrounded by missionaries, life long
friends I have made, my brothers and sisters for the time being. I was
surrounded by investigators and members. People I just met, but have
so much love for! I couldn't help but feel like I was in a home away
from home. How grateful I am for the people I have met on my mission
and the love that I feel for each of them.

This week was awesome! Camilo is doing GREAT! As of last Sunday he is
clean, keeping the word of wisdom! He is progressing SO MUCH! He is
awesome and hopefully he will be baptized soon! We had to push back
his baptismal date. We also picked up a new investigator this week!
Her name is Brandi and she is SOLID! She is dating one of the members
in our ward and she has a strong desire to learn more! I will let you
know how it goes!

I'm sorry I don't have a lot to say this week! But know that
everything is good and I am loving this work! I am so so so so SO
grateful to be serving a full time mission and helping Gods children
here in Northern California! I love you all! Have a great week!


Love always, Sister Thompson 🌻
Service day










Go-carting and mini golfing for P-day



Pics with the Horner kids-Anna Marie, Clayton and Tyler!





No comments:

Post a Comment