Translate

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Miracles Happen

Hello family!

We have had a CRAZY first week of this transfer! But it's a good kind
of crazy :) First off, it's a little weird just being in a
companionship with two people again! Saying goodbye to Sister Ward was
hard, but since Sister Aiton and I have had 7 weeks already together,
we are still having the time of our lives working here in Fairfield!
Our zone this transfer is AMAZING! I feel like I'm back in Petaluma
though because there are five missionaries in our zone that I served
with in Petaluma: Sister Jordan, Hermana Reidhead, Elder Branson,
Elder Blaylock, and Elder Sombke! It's great! It's like a little
reunion :) I'm still the STL this transfer which I'm happy about
because I love serving the sisters in this zone!

So to start off this transfer we have some exciting news! ALLY IS
GETTING BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY AT 10!!!! WOOO! We had some awesome
lessons with her this past week and she came to another baptism last
night and she wants to be baptized for sure now! We have been seeing
miracles left and right here in Fairfield! Ally and her mom came to
Daphne's baptism last night(the Fairfield 1st Ward elders
investigator) and Ally's mom invited her friend Yolanda and she
brought her 30 year old son Shane! After the baptism Shane asked when
he could get one! Like WHAT? Haha we were so excited! He lives in
Vacaville which is in a different zone, but still! What a miracle!
Hopefully we can get the missionaries in Vacaville over to his house
soon! But pray that Ally will still continue to be excited and ready
for her baptism this week!

We had ANOTHER miracle this week! (God is real) So we receive a media
referral from a man in Hawaii asking missionaries to go over to his
less-active daughters home. We called her as soon as we saw the
referral and she answered the phone in tears. She asked for a
priesthood blessing so we called the elders and they went over and
gave her a blessing. We called her after the elders left and she asked
us to come over the next day. When we went over, we just sat on the
couch and listened to her story. Her name is Donna and she has been
less active for about 20ish years. She had told us that recently she
has decided that it's time for her to come back to church but she
didn't know how to get in contact with the missionaries. As we
received her referral, she was on the phone with an old friend talking
about the church when all of a sudden we called. She said as soon as
she heard us say "this is the sister missionaries from the church of
Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!", she broke down in tears. She knew
that us calling was an answer to her prayers. As the discussion went
on, we ended up showing her the new Easter video Hallelujah. She loved
it and she said it was exactly what she needed to hear at this time.
Donna is so ready to change her life and come back to church! I am so
grateful for opportunities like this. It's moments and memories like
these that I cherish and hold on to. Heavenly Father is SO aware of
each of us and He will place us exactly where we need to be. I love
being an instrument in Gods hands.

So yesterday was the longest, most spiritually exhausting day of my
life, but it was also the greatest day of the week! We had 10 hours of
church yesterday. Yup. 10 hours. So this is how our day went: 7am Ward
Council 9-12am Cordelia 1st Ward(we normally skip third hour in the
Cordelia Ward so we can make it to sacrament meeting at 11 in the YSA,
but we helped teach the four year old class in primary yesterday
during third hour! Super great) 12-2pm YSA ward 2-3pm Break the Fast
3-4pm make cake for dinner 4:30-5:30pm Dinner with the Murakami's(Ally
and her mom and two friends) 6-7pm Daphne's baptism(where Sister Aiton
and I played the piano and conducted the music) 7-8:30pm Meet and
Greet with the Stake President 8:30-9pm Drive home and make calls and
confirm appointments 9-10:30pm plan, shower, laugh, journal, laugh so
more, and then crash on our beds. Haha it was a busy day and we spent
the majority of it at the church, but it was an awesome day! We picked
up a new investigator yesterday too! Woo! A member brought his friend
to church! #MemberMissionaryWorkDoneRight His name is Daniel and he
wants to start meeting with us and learn more! Woo! Another miracle :)

Man, I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! I hit my year mark this week(which is
crazy) but I have loved every second of this past year. Soooo many
memories and things I am grateful for. I can't believe how fast time
goes on the mission! I feel like the MTC was just last month! I have
changed a lot in this past year. My knowledge and testimony of this
gospel and grown so much! I am closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus
Christ. I know with a surety who I am and whose I am. I know what
brings true happiness in this life and in the life to come. I am a
disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I love Him and I love this
work. I want to end my letter with sharing this with you. This is how
I feel right now. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Fellowship Of The Unashamed:

I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit's
power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The
decision has been made, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look
back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed my present
makes sense my future is secure. I am done and finished with low
living, sight walking, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions,
worldly talking, cheap living, and dwarfed goals.

I know longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions or
popularity. I don't have to be right, first, recognized, praised,
regarded or rewarded. I now live by faith, rely on his presence, walk
by patience, I am lifted by prayer, and I labor with power.

My face is set, my gate is fast, my goal is heaven. My road is narrow,
my way is rough my companions are a few, my guide is reliable, my
mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured
away, turn back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of
sacrifices, hesitate in the presence of the enemy, ponder at the pool
of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won't give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up,
prayed up, paid up, preached up for the cause of Christ. I am a
disciple of Jesus. I must go till he comes, give till I drop, preach
all I know, and work till he stops me. When he comes for his owner he
will have no problem recognizing me.… My banner is clear.



Love always, Sister Thompson 🌻

Fairfield zone! With the tshirts I designed!
Sister Aiton and I moved everything around in the apartment and we
ended up putting four mattresses on one bed haha





We delivered cookies this week to members in our Ward!
Teaching primary!
Daphne!






No comments:

Post a Comment