Translate

Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy 2016!!

Hello friends and family! :)

What an incredible week we've had here in Petaluma, California! Have I
ever told you how much I love being a missionary? Well, I absolutely
love it! There is nothing better!

So to start off, let me telling you what is happening this week with
transfers! Sike, I'm going to wait till the end of the letter to tell
you :) here are some highlights of my week!

We went on exchanges this week! I went to Rohnert Park this time with
Sister Malmfeldt! She is from Cumming, Georgia and I absolutely adore
her! She's been out about five months and she been here in our zone
the whole time! We have become really good friends so exchanges with
her was so fun! We taught lessons, talked to people, and worked on
Sister Flemings farm!

On New Year's Eve, sister Nelson and I met with the Fifita family! So
the holidays were crazy for them, so teaching them was super hard, but
when we went over that night, their dad was there. Now, Ulita and her
husband are still married but he doesn't live at the home anymore. We
had only seen him one other time since I've been teaching the family.
We had heard stories from the kids and Ultia that made the dad sound
kind of mean and really against the church(plus, he's a big Tongan
man, so that just makes him look scary). So when we walked in, and the
kids saw us and their dad in the same room, everyone went silent. We
started talking to the dad, having a nice casual conversation with
him. And it actually went really well! He started opening up to us
about his past and his views on the church! The whole time, I was
praying for the courage to ask him permission to teach and baptize his
kids. Finally, God gave me the courage to straight up ask him for his
permission. As soon as I asked, all the kids just looked at me like
'what are you doing sister Thompson?' But guess what? The father said
that he didn't care and that he was ok with it!!! He said that most of
his friends growing up were members of the church and he liked his
friends, so he said it was fine! All the kids looked so shocked! After
the dad left, Fusi was telling us how awkward that could have been
because they all thought for sure that their dad was going to say no!
So after talking with them, we set a new baptismal date for them for
January 23rd! That will give them enough time to come to church a
couple more times and make more friendships in the ward! We were so
grateful that everything went well with there dad though! Our prayers
were answered!

We were also able to meet with Camilo's kids on Saturday! Anna and
Antonio are doing great! We talked to them for a little bit and turns
out Anna has been reading the Book of Mormon on her own! WOOO! It has
been about two weeks since we last met with them, so we were scared
that they weren't going to want to come to church anymore or be
baptized, but they both said that they have their own desire to be
baptized now! I definitely know Heavenly Father heard our prayers for
them and by Anna reading the Book of Mormon, their hearts have be
touched by the spirit! So we set a baptismal date for them for January
30th! Camilo is so excited for them and now that he has the
priesthood, he will be able to baptize his kids! So amazing!

On Friday night we had an awesome lesson with our investigator JoAnne!
We brought Amelia with us and they connected SO well! Man, I love
working with the members! The fire of missionary work is contagious
and it's spreading like wildfire in our ward! At church yesterday,
multiple members were telling us of their own missionary moments they
were having! Some even gave us referrals for their friends! I love
this ward! Which reminds me, transfers!

SISTER NELSON AND I ARE BOTH STAYING ANOTHER TRANSFER IN PETALUMA!
That's right! I am going to be in Petaluma, CA for 7 1/2 months! I am
SOOOO happy!!! I absolutely LOVE Petaluma! The people, the ward,
everything! It's super super rare for a sister to even do six months
in an area, so Heavenly Father must really need me here right now! I
am so grateful that I get to spend another transfer here in the
Petaluma 1st ward! Well know that Sister Nelson and I are doing great!
We laugh so hard everyday and have fun while doing this marvelous
work! I love you all and hope you have a great week!


Love always, Sister Thompson 🌻






No comments:

Post a Comment