Translate

Monday, March 21, 2016

Hallelujah!

Hey family!

Oh man, what a great week! I love being a missionary! I could do
missionary work for the rest of my life. Which I plan on doing!
#EveryMemberAMissionary

To start off, district meeting this week was awesome! I taught about
teaching repentance and baptizing converts! I love how simple our
purpose is as missionaries! We are to teach repentance and baptize
converts! We also did a companionship trust activity during district
meeting haha Sister Aiton was blind folded and I had to guide her
through a "laser field"(a hallway with yarn taped across it)! I am so
bad at those kinds of activities! Haha if it was real lasers, sister
Aiton definitely would be missing a few limbs haha! We also had
interviews with President Wright after district meeting! I absolutely
adore President Wright! I could literally sit there and talk to him
for hours! My interview with him was great and I ended up talking to
sister wright afterwards for a while! I love President and Sister
Wright SO much! After interviews, I went on exchanges with Hermana
Reidhead in her area! It's crazy, so Hermana Reidhead was my first STL
on the mission and now I will probably be her last STL! I look up to
Hermana Reidhead so much so it was crazy for me to be the one offering
training to her! We had a great time on exchanges and we were both
edifices and uplifted by the end! I have loved being a Sister Training
Leader! It's such a humbling experience being able to help and serve
the sisters here. It's hard knowing everything that someone is
struggling with, but I have learned how to truly rely on the spirit
when it comes to helping someone through their trials. Often times, I
can't sympathize with people because my struggles are a lot different
than theirs, but Heavenly Father knows exactly what they need and He
sends His spirit to work through me to help them. It's amazing being
that instrument for Him. I want to live my life in such a way that I
am always a worthy instrument for Heavenly Father. I want to always
live worthy of the spirit.

We had another two amazing lessons with Ally this week! We have come
up with so many cute little games and activities to help her learn!
And they are working! She is progressing so much and we have set a
baptismal date for her for April 16th! Ally and her mom came to church
yesterday and loved it! Pray that she will continue to progress and
make it to her baptismal date in April!

We handed Heather off this week to the Fremont sisters :( it was a sad
day, but we have such a good feeling about Heather! She is definitely
going to be baptized soon! Hopefully we can keep in contact with her
and skype into her baptism!

On Friday night the stake put on an adult dinner dance and we got to
go because our investigators Shirley and Jessica came! It was a 50s
themed dance and it was so cute! We helped serve the food to everyone
too so we had aprons on and diner hats and we served everyone their
food! Never thought I'd be doing that on my mission! Haha after
everyone ate, they turned on 50s music and everyone started dancing!
We weren't allowed to dance, but we had a fun time watching! Shirley
and Jessica had a good time! Then on Saturday night, they put on a
youth stake dance with the same theme, and guess what? We got to go!
Haha this time it was because the person who had signed up to feed us
that night forgot that she said she would help serve food at the
dance, so we went and helped her and also ate there! Now speaking of
things I never thought I would do on my mission, at the youth dance,
they had it set up like a diner so we took their orders and then when
it was ready, we would run the food from the kitchen to the gym and
yell out the name on the order. Haha so picture three sister
missionaries running to and from the kitchen and the gym, yelling out
names like 5 or 6 times until the kid finally heard us. We were
laughing so hard and the kids were laughing too! It was hilarious! We
only stayed at that dance until we had finished dinner and then we
left, but it was a great time!

So at church yesterday, in the Cordelia 1st Ward, we performed a
special musical number! Sister Aiton played piano, I sang, and sister
Ward turned pages haha it turned out really well! Then in the YSA Ward
our investigator Lyndon came! Yesterday was my first time actually
meeting Lyndon because he works a lot and he had been pretty sick the
last couple of weeks, but he is awesome! He's 22 and currently going
to school at Sac State and in ROTC. He had a really good friend in
high school that was Mormon and that's what sparked his interest in
the church! After sacrament meeting we pulled him and a member aside
and taught him a lesson! We taught the plan of salvation and it was an
incredible lesson! Lyndon has such a strong desire to learn and he has
such an amazing spirit about him! He wants to be baptized so he is
currently praying about a date to be baptized on! He is so golden!

Easter is coming up this week! What a perfect time to study, reflect
upon, and remember our Savior! I am so so SOOO grateful for the
Atonement of Jesus Christ. Wow. What an incredible thing He did for
us! I want to share with you the lyrics from the song I sang in
sacrament meeting yesterday. The song is called "Still Believe".

I haven't seen His face, But I have seen His miracles
I haven't heard His voice, But His spirit speaks to my heart
I haven't felt His hands, But I have felt His peace
And blessed are those who haven't seen
And still believe that He lives
And still believe that He walked upon the earth
And though my faith is just a seed, I still believe
I didn't walk with Him, But each day He's here by my side
I didn't watched as He healed, But His love has changed my life
I didn't see the cross, But I know it was for me
And blessed are those who haven't seen
And still believe that He lives
And still believe that He walked upon the earth
And though my faith is just a seed, I still believe
I haven't seen His eyes, But someday He'll look into mine
And if He bids me come, I will worship at His feet
For blessed are those, who haven't seen
And still believe

I know the Jesus Christ lives and loves each of us! May His love and
spirit touch us all this week as we reflect upon His life and His
ministry! I invite you to check out the church's Easter video
Hallelujah on Mormon.org! Then share it with someone! #Hallelujah I
love you all and hope you have an amazing week!



Love always, Sister Thompson 🌻
District Meeting Activities



Marsh lands in Suisun City





St. Patrick's day dinner at the Thomas's! Corn beef and cabbage of
course! We are in the backyard and took pictures before! Aaron is
their 14 year old son with downs and he's hilarious. I'm also holding
their dog Kevin. Haha



Pictures from the 50s dance! Shirley and Jessica






Lyndon and us after church yesterday!


Thanks to a loving mother, we got Carl's Jr. for lunch this week!
We got to go on the Travis Air Force Base this week!




cute photo shoot we had!







No comments:

Post a Comment