Translate

Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 7!

Hello family!!

So normally transfers would be happening tomorrow, but this transfer
is a 7 week transfer! So we will be finding out this weekend who is
staying and who is going! I'm really grateful it's been a 7 week
transfer because I love where I am right now! I love my companions and
I love this area! So here are some highlights from this week!

On Tuesday, during district meeting I taught about prayer and the
importance of prayer and teaching our investigators to pray. I did a
cute little activity as my commitment(I have way to much fun teaching
haha) but I had everyone in the district put a penny in their shoes. I
called it a prayer penny. So every time they felt the penny, they had
to offer a silent prayer. I also put a penny in my shoe, and let me
tell you, my day went so much better! I felt the penny a lot
throughout the day, but I found that there was so much more I was
grateful for and it just made me realize that everything I have or do
is because of Heavenly Father. It was great being able to stay in good
contact with Him throughout my day! Everyone in the district loved it
also. I think I might put a penny in every pair of shoes I own! After
district meeting, I went on exchanges with Sister Aiton! She is
seriously the cutest and I just love her! She definitely came
pre-trained! She is the most ungreen greenie I've ever met! We sent
the majority of the day in Suisun City!

On Wednesday we had an awesome skype lesson with our YSA investigator
Lyndon! We taught him about the gospel of Jesus Christ and the spirit
was so strong during the lesson! He is literally the definition of a
golden investigator! We ask him questions and he will give us the
preach my gospel answer. He is so great! We set a baptismal date with
him! For April 30th! We think it might be pushed up earlier, because
Lyndon is just so ready, but we will see!

Thursday we went to Rio Vista for the day! Missionaries haven't lived
in Rio Vista for about six months now, so they are closing down the
apartment, so our zone went out there and helped clear out and clean
the apartment! Rio Vista is about a 45 minute drive away from where we
live and the drive out there is GORGEOUS! Northern California is
seriously SO pretty! I love it here!

On Friday I went to Santa Rosa for the day for MLC! It was such an
awesome meeting! I rode up with Sister Bear, she's from Sugar City,
ID! I love sister bear! So we left my apartment around 6:15am because
it takes about an hour with no traffic to get to Santa Rosa, and last
MLC we left at 6:30am and showed up at the Bagder Building at 8:58am
and MLC starts at 9. So we left a little bit earlier this time just in
case, but we ended up getting to Santa Rosa at 7:30am haha so we were
an hour and a half early this time! Haha we went out to breakfast and
then went and stayed with the Santa Rosa sisters for the rest of the
time! Haha we got a good laugh out of that! But MLC was SOOO good! I
love hearing from President and Sister Wright and the assistants!

The generals women's conference was so good! I was definitely in tears
from the choir! I loved that! Unfortunately, we didn't have any
investigators there, they were all with family this Easter weekend.
But the Fairfield 1st elders had an investigator there so we sat with
her! Her name is Daphne and she just moved to the USA from Haiti! She
speaks French and she is currently learning English so it's fun
talking with her! I was able to say hi and introduce myself in French
when I met her a couple weeks ago for the first time and she got so
excited and started speaking French to me, but I couldn't keep up.
Haha she is so cute and we all love her!

Easter was so good! Once again, we didn't have any investigators
there. Which was sad, but they were all with their families so I guess
that's ok haha. I loved all the talks and musicals numbers in both
wards! I love the spirit of Easter! We have two dinner appointments
which is always a great thing! And we spent the rest of the day
visiting less actives who didn't have any family with them! Overall,
it was a great Easter!

I hope you all have an awesome week! Spring is here! Take time to not
only smell the roses, but also the spiritual roses in your life! I
love you all!

Love always, Sister Thompson 🌻

Sister Aiton and I in Suisun City!


Suisun City!







Dinner at Seymore's and their little girls wanted to wear our name tags.

Drive out to Rio Vista!
Service at rio Vista!





Rio Vista!





Sister Bear and I showing up early!
Service at a less actives house!




This cute girls name is Scarlet. She is the granddaughter of a less
active! She is adorable!
Members took these pictures of us! Love this Ward!




Pictures from our hike today at Rockville Park!










No comments:

Post a Comment